Schools - History of Towamensing Township

          The first schoolhouse was built between Little Gap and Trachsville in 1839.   Other schools were later added; some of these one room schoolhouses still stand.   The Strohl's Valley and Eckhart's Valley Schools are used as residences.   The Greenzweig School, near Trachsville, remains as it was when it was last used.

          In the 1950's the Township School Board felt the need for a more modern facility and built the brick schoolhouse located along Route 209.   It is being expanded to accommodate the Township's growing population.